Tuesday, 25 December 2012

Violinist-in-training


It has been about a year since I started my violin lessons and I would say it has been bitter-sweet. Whilst I enjoy mastering new pieces and songs, the learning process can be rather frustrating at times and I will lose my patience on some occasions.

For the past year, I have tried my best to practice almost on a daily basis, be it a 5, 10 or 15 minutes session but there have been days when I just do not feel like touching the violin as I was too tired and there were also days where I wanted to relax and do something else. That said, I do like to play for my family members and it makes me happy when I see their smiles and when they sing along.





I much enjoy having the lessons at home and to do so without the pressure and stress of any assessments. I have enjoyed playing and learning simple children songs during the last few months and I joined the recital organised by Miss J on 9 Dec where I played Andantino and 客人来. In addition, I have also learnt to play Jingle Bells, First Noel and Joy to the World during this festive season!


No comments: