I am now a big boy and is able to help papa & mummy with our luggage! I pulled the cabin-sized trolley bag all the way from the carpark to the check-in counter at the hotel as "I am strong".
We only made 1 single stop along the way compared to 3 during the previous trip even though the journey took longer as we lost our bearings in KL for almost an hour.
We travelled lighter this time too (no slow cooker, ingredients for porridge and bottles of water) and I was able to enjoy and share the great-tasting food together with everyone.
The weather was great as it was not foggy and the skies were clear. We ventured outdoors and had a good time taking the rides at the outdoor theme park. I took the carousel, flying dumbo, ribena teacups, flying saucer, vintage car ride, mini bumper car and not forgetting the dinosaurland boat ride where I was crying for some moments when we were housed in the dark and errie-looking dino cave.
After the 2 nights stay at Genting, we head down south towards Malacca where we had a great time feasting on food. I got a little homesick after being away for 2 days as I missed my favourite TV programmes, toys, familiar sights and sounds. However, I got over that very quickly as the impressive family room at Holiday Inn Malacca was equipped with PlayhouseDisney and Cartoon Network. Besides this, there was an extremely nicely-furnished under-water themed adjourning kids room with a double-decker bed! It was real cool and the folks were truly inspired to do up a similar room for didi and myself.
Before we head back home, the typical Singaporeans just have to get some shopping done to take advantage of the good exchange rate and prices. It was a short but fun trip as we had the company of good friends and good food. But, it was a little too short-lived as it was over before we knew it. The folks are dying for a longer "real" holiday and the talks are definitely in progress.......
No comments:
Post a Comment