Wednesday, 13 August 2008

Down with flu

I came down with a runny nose on last Monday and just when everyone thought its gone by Wednesday, I was hit by the cough bug and I even passed it on to papa. As a result, we held hands and went to visit the doctor together on Thursday. Doc says I am a big boy now as I was able to follow her instructions when she asked me to say "Ahhhhh" with no fuss during the visit. But on second thoughts, it could have just been a case where I just mimic my papa's actions.


My appetite was great for the past 2-3 weeks and I kind of like the taste of the new milk formula. My cheeks have grown rounder and I have even started to fill up the gaping holes in some of my clothes. But now, the folks are rather sad as the sniffling and coughing and medicine feeds have made me lose my appetite and weight. I saw the doctor for a second time on Monday as the cough did not improve and was given antibiotics and another cough mixture as there was some slight inflammation of the throat.

There was much concern and attention showered upon me but I have been testing everyone's patience during this period of time as I would throw tantrums, cry and whine over the slightest things and the crying can be a rather long-drawn affair. The adults did not allow me to take advantage of the situation though and there have been numerous occasions where I have crossed the boundaries (especially that of my papa) and got punished due to my bad behaviour.

No comments: